We use a number of definitions in our Privacy Regulations that can be used in the singular or plural:
Regulations: these Privacy Regulations;
Privacy legislation: Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp: Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens) (from 25 May 2018: the Act Implementing the General Data Protection Regulation).
1. Explanation of the Regulations
ZooEasy may not automatically process the data with which you provide it. Privacy legislation is intended to protect the privacy of persons. This legislation restricts the permitted use of your personal data by others. Under this Act, ZooEasy has the duty to its clients to:
- inform them of the way in which and the purpose for which data are processed by ZooEasy;
- state who is allowed to inspect the data;
- request permission to process certain data.
ZooEasy considers your privacy important. That is why ZooEasy explains in these Regulations how it deals with your data, what the purpose is of its use, and for the processing of which data ZooEasy must explicitly request your permission.
2. The personal data ZooEasy uses and the purpose of such use
ZooEasy (may possibly) process your data if you are or will become a client of ZooEasy, you are an employee of ZooEasy, you register for newsletters from ZooEasy or get in touch with us via the contact form. ZooEasy collects your name, address, telephone number, email address, and in some cases your IP address. From employees ZooEasy also collects a copy of your ID-card and your social security number. These data enable us to:
- finalise the contract clients conclude with ZooEasy financially and administratively;
- comply with our obligations as an employer;
- provide our services;
- reach clients or interested parties if this is necessary;
- develop/further optimise our services;
- provide you with customised information (direct marketing);
- fulfill our obligations as an employer.
3. Provision of personal data to third parties
ZooEasy does not provide any personal data to persons or businesses outside the ZooEasy organisation, unless:
- this is required by a statutory provision;
- this is necessary to perform a contract that ZooEasy has concluded with you;
- you have given permission to do so.
4. Obligations/secured access/confidentiality/retention period
- ZooEasy processes your personal data only in accordance with the law. This means, among other things, that the data are processed only for the purpose for which they are obtained and in a proper/careful manner in accordance with the law and these Regulations.
- Your personal data can be inspected only by the staff of ZooEasy, unless stipulated otherwise in these Regulations. All your personal data are protected by ZooEasy against unauthorised access. The protection consists of:
- having a personal password for each employee to log in to the digital system;
- having two-factor authentication protection for our client/CRM systems;
- the staff of ZooEasy have a duty of confidentiality with respect to all personal data provided to ZooEasy;
- ZooEasy has taken technical measures in accordance with the law to protect the system it uses against external data breaches;
- your personal data are not kept longer than necessary for proper administration. ZooEasy uses a period of two years after the last use of the product after which the data are destroyed. The law may prescribe a different retention period. If this is the case, ZooEasy will adhere to the prescribed statutory retention period.
5. Your rights as a person concerned
- right to information: the right to know which personal data of yours are processed and for what purpose;
- right of inspection: the right to inspect and obtain copies of those data as long as this does not violate someone else’s privacy;
- the right to correct, add to or delete data should this be necessary (right of correction and deletion). The right to request total or partial deletion of your data can be honoured only if the retention of the data is not of considerable importance to someone else and the data do not have to be retained pursuant to a statutory provision;
- the right of opposition: the right to oppose the processing of your data in certain cases.
If you want to exercise your rights, you can state this by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org your request is rejected, the reason why will be explained to you. A reason can be that your file contains information that is or can be important for others. You will receive notice from ZooEasy within one month from receipt of your request.
If you have a complaint about how your personal data are processed, you can also contact ZooEasy and ZooEasy will attempt to reach a solution together with you.
Do you have (other) comments/questions/suggestions? You can also contact us in writing for this.
ZooEasy will of course also deal confidentially and carefully with personal data provided in this context.
Our current contact details can be found on the ZooEasy website.
Privacy Regulations of ZooEasy Version june 2018