You can work with different animal species within one administration, but then you will have to use the species Animal and fill the field Breed with all the species that you have. You will then see the animal species in the list of animals on the tabs. The disadvantage is that you can no longer select on race here. If you want this, you will have to create an extra field for the breed for animals. With Extended search on this field you then can select on Breed. The value of this extra field for breed can be shown on the tab Animals – Basic data in the rectangle at the bottom of this screen.
Step 1: Register with ZooEasy:
1. Go to https://www.zooeasy.com/sign-up/
2. Enter the requested address details and select Animal from the drop-down menu: Animals
If you have already registered and this is not properly set to Breed = Animals, you can have it changed via the help desk.
Step 2: Create animal species:
3. Click the menu Management
4. Click the tab Base tables
5. Click the drop down box Contact categories and select Breeds
6. Click Add
7. Enter the following information:
Description: = <name of animal species> for example Dogs
Abbreviation: = <three letter abbreviation> – for example Hnd
With the figure for Position you can determine the order of the tabs of the animal species. If you define 0 for all animal species, they are automatically arranged in alphabetical order.
8. Click Save
Repeat steps 6 to 8 to add all desired species of pedigree.
Step 3: Add Breeds:
9. Click the menu Management
10. Click the tab Base tables
11. Click on the drop down box Contact categories and select Extra field categories Animals
12. Click Add
13. Enter the following information:
Description: = Breed
Position: = 0
14. Click Save
15. Click on the drop down box showing Extra field categories Animals and select Extra fields Animals
16. Click Add
17. Enter the following information:
Description: = .
18. Click on the Category drop down box and select Breed
19. Select the checkmark for Display
In the rectangle at the bottom of the screen Animals – Basic data the breed will then be shown as for instance (Breed) .: Dog-Dachshund
20. In the field Options, the required breeds must now be entered for all animal species, always separated by a semicolon.
* Let each breed be preceded by the animal species (for example, Dog-Dachshund), as when you link a breed to an animal within the Animals menu, they will be displayed alphabetically in a drop down box, regardless of the order in which they are entered. And so you keep the breeds together for each animal species.
* Create the list of breeds in Notepad. Put a semicolon behind each race and always start the next one on a new line. Then copy everything from the Notepad file and paste it into the Options field.
You can later use this Notepad file for managing your breeds. You can make changes to the notepad file and then copy the entire content from this file and overwrite the outdated data in the Options field with the updated data.
21. Click Save
Finally: Authorize users:
The fields are now automatically visible for Single Users. For other versions, a few extra steps still need to be taken to make the fields visible to users:
21. Click the menu Management
22. Click the tab Base tables
23. Click on the drop down box that contains Contact categories and select Roles
24. Select your own role
25. Click in the 2nd row on the tab Extra fields
26. Make sure the following check marks are on:
27. Click the checkmark – if this has not already been done – for Show Extra fields tab.
28. Click on the 3rd row on the Race tab
29. Click the checkmark in the Extra tab for the Breed category
30. Click the check boxes under Show and Change. those on the far left are preceded by a dot
31. Click on Save
If necessary, repeat steps 25 to 31 for other roles
Note: You must log out and log in again before you see the changes. If you then go to the animal you will be able to see the extra field.