We are going to add an animal and its parents. It’s easiest to start with the oldest known animals, so in this case the parents.
1. Click the menu Animals
2. Click Add
3. Fill in the following information. The red stars show which fields are mandatory:
4. Parents can only be added when they have already been entered into the database. This is why we start with the oldest known animal.
5. Breeder and Owner can also only be added when they have already been entered into the database. This is not the case, so for now we leave them blank. If we want we can add them at a later point.
6. Click Save
Repeat steps 1 – 6 for the mother:
The parents have now been added to the database, so now you can add the child and link it to it’s parents.
7. Click the menu Animals
8. Click Add
9. Fill in the following information:
10. Click the button […] next to the field Father. A new screen opens with all the males in the database. Select the father.
11. Add the mother in the same way.
12. Click Save.
13. Click List.
Now you will see the 3 animals we just added listed.