How can it happen that an animal has duplicated entries in the database? Mostly by mistakes with Registration numbers.
1. Click the menu Management
2. Click the tab Checks
3. Click the option Animals
Select the fields you want as criteria for the search, for instance Name and Born.
4. Select the checkmark for Name
5. Select the checkmark for Born
6. Click Start check on duplicate values
Now animals with the same name and birth date will be looked for and listed in a new window.
7. Click the icons at the end of the row to show the data of the potentialy double animals.
Each will be opened in a new window so they can easily be compared and data be moved from one to the other. In case you find positive duplicates you have to:
• Decide which one is the most complete
• Move all data like combinations, results, extra fields etc. from the other(s) to the most complete
• Delete (when done) the others
It is also possible to print out the list of possible duplicate entries:
8. Click the drop down box “Reports” and select Print preview
9. Click Print